OMG, I can’t believe how did I put off watching this movie until now. Summer Wars is awesome and I didn’t really expect for it to be that good.
What I love about Summer Wars:
- I love how the family was so huge and everyone had so much fun even if they fought, argued, or had differing opinions. The family created a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere which made me love Summer Wars right away.
- The OZ world thing was very interesting. It was a game and yet it wasn’t. People from all over the world are connected and Oz was like a method of communicating all over the world, I think. Yeah, I didn’t really get the OZ thing but oh well. I like the look of the OZ world.
- Kenji’s smart-ness. He’s a math genius. That one scene where he’s locked out when he’s so close to the repair code, he’s trying to unlock the code in his head, it shows what kind of a genius he was. I was astonished.
- I also love how cool Natsuki’s family is. They all have different jobs and specialize in different areas bringing uniqueness to the family.
- It like how the baseball game mirrored the situation and what the character faced. If the pitcher was getting tired and giving up runs, the family was experiencing something similar.
The show focuses on family importance and how even with all that’s said and done, in the end, you’ll still be family. These ties can never be severed no matter how much you try. It also tries to show how important it is to express through words or actions your true feelings or you’ll end up regretting it. It’s shown with Wabisuke’s example since he cares a lot for their Grandma but he just can’t seem to speak kindly to her without putting on a false front.
I kept hoping for Kenji to be the one to save the day and it happens at the end. I thought his turn would come sooner but it came later.
Overall, the animation was amazing and the soundtrack was nice. I enjoyed this movie right from the beginning. ^_^